at the next ODTUG conference (http://kscope12.com/) I will be speaking about about moving your existing reports written in Oracle Reports to JasperReports.
Since many people are moving away from Oracle Forms, Oracle APEX seems to be a natural choice, since you can leverage your existing PL/Skills as well as your existing PL/SQL business logic nicely.
But what about your reporting needs? What alternative will you choose for your existing reports written in Oracle Reports?
What questions would be interesting for making a choice and migrating your reports?
Here are a few samples:
- are there any license costs involved?
- are all features that we need, supported? What are these features, that YOU need?
- are there any limits, e.g. the size of the files that can be generated?
- how can JasperReports integrated into my APEX application and secured?
- is it performant?
- is there a batch interface like rwcli?